"Simply and horribly, this is likely to become another Chernobyl or Fukushima - a catastrophic illustration of mankind's hubris and intransigence clashing with Nature, as fate again reaps a once unimaginably tragic toll."
"Such a vaccine is just one possible gain-of-function pursuit that would fit much of the genomic picture below, whether or not it was the exact target of the Wuhan lab's genomic tinkering - the reality is millions of dollars of funding from multiple world governments have poured into this research, funding that's dangled over these scientists as they've chased it like Icarus, this time not just risking their own lives - but hundreds of millions of others as well."
Thanks to Peter Myers
(Slightly abridged by henrymakow.com)
In a predictable turn, that article has been removed and both researchers have since deleted their profiles off of the ResearchGate site completely. But curiously, the trend in reporting from the Chinese government diverged sharply on February 11th, when the paper was initially uploaded onto the site - making it appear as if there may be infighting within the Party about what their official story will be as the cover-up unfolds.
And back on January 2nd, the Wuhan Institute of Virology's director sent out a memo forbidding discussion of an "unknown pneumonia in Wuhan," making it abundantly clear that the Chinese government knew about this outbreak long before they took any steps to contain it, or made any public announcement.
These propaganda efforts have been bolstered by possible collusion from American scientists, some of which is detailed below - but also most notably by one Peter Daszak, who had been publishing papers on coronaviruses alongside the primary Chinese person-of-interest, Zhengli Shi, for years.
Perhaps most notably, Daszak is listed as a co-author in the paper first documenting the isolation of a coronavirus from a bat that targets the ACE2 receptor - just like COVID-19 - which was done in Wuhan's virology lab supervised by Zhengli Shi, and led by a second suspect Chinese researcher who you'll meet below.
At best, Daszak is perhaps acting as an unwitting agent of the Chinese government, but regardless holds an enormous conflict-of-interest. And if nothing else, it is wildly irresponsible to speak-out against the possibility that the virus got out of a lab when a natural origin has not been conclusively demonstrated.
Daszak's statement in The Lancet is either incompetence, or is meant to be a smokescreen for the wanton hubris and greed that have fueled the gain-of-function research detailed below: As one possibility, coronaviruses have been seen as a viable vector for an HIV vaccine for years - a project with hundreds of millions of dollars dangling over it.
Such a vaccine is just one possible gain-of-function pursuit that would fit much of the genomic picture below, whether or not it was the exact target of the Wuhan lab's genomic tinkering - the reality is millions of dollars of funding from multiple world governments have poured into this research, funding that's dangled over these scientists as they've chased it like Icarus, this time not just risking their own lives - but hundreds of millions of others as well.
This report is the product of a collaboration between a retired professional scientist with dozens of peer-reviewed publications and 30 years of experience in genomic sequencing and analysis who helped design several ubiquitous bioinformatic software tools, and a former NSA counterterrorism analyst.
It considers whether the Wuhan Strain of coronavirus (COVID-19) is the result of naturally emergent mutations against the possibility that it may be a bio-engineered strain - directly altered by genetic manipulation, subject to artificially-guided evolutionary selection, or both - meant for immunotherapy protocols that was released into the public, most likely by accident since China's rate of occupational accidents is about ten-times higher than America's, and some twenty-times more than Europe's - the only other regions with high-level virology labs.
Additionally, researchers from this Wuhan lab were reported to have particularly sloppy field research methods, being both bled and peed on by local bats that host coronaviruses remarkably similar to the Wuhan Strain COVID-19. And they've also been reported to smuggle used research animals out of their labs, selling them for cash on the street.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, in mid February the Chinese Ministry of Science sent out a directive to all its labs emphasizing the important of carefully handling bio-infectious agents and alluding to slack oversight and past lapses.
Mistakes may have been precipitated by the need to quickly finish research that was being rushed for John Hopkins' Event 201 which was held this past October and meant to game plan the containment of a global pandemic. Research may also have been hurried due to deadlines before the impending Chinese New Year - the timing of these events point to increased human error, not a globalist conspiracy.
Beijing has had four known accidental leaks of the SARS virus in recent years, so there is absolutely no reason to assume that this strain of coronavirus from Wuhan didn't accidentally leak out as well. This is unlikely to be a plot twist in one of the novels Tom Clancy wrote after he started mailing it in.
Simply and horribly, this is likely to become another Chernobyl or Fukushima - a catastrophic illustration of mankind's hubris and intransigence clashing with Nature, as fate again reaps a once unimaginably tragic toll....
- As explained in Nature, COVID-19's Franken-genome combines a cornucopia of distinct genetic markers from each of the three other distinct branches of the coronavirus family tree, but is distinct enough from all of them that it in fact forms its own clade. Along those same lines, a full-genome evolutionary analysis of COVID-19 published in The Lancet concluded, "recombination is probably not the reason for emergence of this virus" since it seems that the Wuhan Strain isn't a mosaic of previously known coronaviruses, but instead draws from distant, discrete parts of the coronavirus family tree - not how these viruses naturally evolve.
Because even mixing and matching coronavirus genomes from every known mammal, scientists couldn't find any possible combination that would explain those regions of the Wuhan Strain's genome. The Lancet muses that a mysterious animal host could still be out there, however since they've already searched through every known possibility and been unable to find a match, another obvious explanation is that bio-engineering accounts for the inexplicable regions of the Wuhan Strain's genome
- Early research found that COVID-19 targets the ACE2 receptor, which may be found in East Asians more frequently than other global populations, indicating that the Wuhan Strain COVID-19 was likely developed as part of a gain-of-function defensive project possibly linked to immunotherapy or vaccinations - never meant to leave the lab, but meant to serve as a Red Team to fight back against, not as an offensive weapon since the virus is likely wired to be more virulent among Asian populations.
Further support for this is the fact that the Wuhan BSL-4 virology lab was already actively looking into the risks posed from bat coronaviruses, and actively researching coronavirus treatments - by definition both of these projects would require live virulent strains of coronavirus. And disturbingly, COVID-19 appears to have 10 to 20 times more affinity for the ACE2 receptor than SARS, according to a pre-print out of the University of Texas.
- Researchers have pointed out that the most critical sections of the COVID-19's protein-spike genome don't match the previously reported pattern that would be expected for optimal binding to the ACE2 receptors found in humans and ferrets, which indicates that these particular segments wouldn't have been directly genetically engineered to increase virulence.
However this is exactly what researchers looking for a "safe" vaccine candidate would engineer, and doesn't rule out a scenario where the virus was passed through a series of experimental hosts. The research team in fact notes that its spike "appears to be the result of selection on human or human-like ACE2 permitting another optimal binding solution to arise," failing to mention that the only other human-like receptors are found in ferrets - which have frequently been used in vaccine trials for viruses with this sort of protein-spike. And so the Wuhan Strain's unique affinity for the human ACE2 receptor may be a horrible accident, engineered but not intentionally.
- The Wuhan Strain of coronavirus, COVID-19, appears to be transmissible even before its host shows any symptoms at all, making temperature-scanning at airports ineffective since hosts appear to be contagious for about a week before any symptoms emerge. This is in stark contrast with SARS, whose hosts weren't contagious until they were symptomatic, allowing for its relatively quick containment. This chart is not from a peer-reviewed source but was claims to capture the comparative rates of infections between recent outbreaks. A recent pre-print now gives COVID-19 a rating of R4, meaning each host passes the virus on to four new victims, a rate significantly higher than any past global viral outbreak.
- The successful end results of the aforementioned bat coronavirus bio-engineering research at UNC that was critiqued for being too risky in 2015, was published the following year and described the successful bio-engineering of a highly-virulent coronavirus derived from bats which was achieved by tinkering with its spike-protein genes. In this paper, researcher #8 is listed as one "Zheng-li Shi" who's listed as being attached to the "Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China."
- Zhengli Shi seems to have returned to Wuhan at some point since 2016, specifically to the Wuhan Institute of Virology's Disease Engineering Technical Research Center, since she then appears in this September 2019 paper on the human behaviors most likely to lead to bat-borne coronavirus exposure in southern China, and also in the paper claiming that this coronavirus was bat in origin, which was peculiarly submitted in coordination with the announcement of the outbreak. Very, very peculiarly. She also appears in this pending preprint on the current outbreak of COVID-19, just a small sample of the dozens of coronavirus-related papers she's published over a three decade career.
- Not only does Zhengli Shi provide a direct chain of expertise tying the already successful bio-engineering of a virulent bat-based coronavirus at UNC directly to the BSL-4 virology lab in Wuhan, but back in January 2014 she'd received a $665,000 grant from NIH for a study titled The Ecology of Bat Coronaviruses and the Risk of Future Coronavirus Emergence (NIAID R01 AI1 10964) as well as $559,500 more from USAID for a study titled Emerging Pandemic Threats PREDICT_2China (Project No. AID-OAA-A-14-00102). Beyond this American funding specifically into viral diseases zoonotically transferring from animals to humans which would slipped in just before the ban, over the years she's also received around $3 million in grants to study these zoonotic viruses from China and other countries, and has served on the editorial board of several virological research magazines.
More of her research into the intersection of coronaviruses like the Wuhan Strain and their epidemic potential was funded by the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Threat Reduction Agency, and U.S. Biological Defense Research Directorate of the Naval Medical Research Center.
- And so a scientist who's been prolifically involved with studying the molecular interaction of coronaviruses and humanity, spending decades and millions of dollars, and having even helped build a hyper-virulent coronavirus from scratch at UNC - just so happens to be working at the only BSL-4 virology lab in China that also just so happens to be at the epicenter of an outbreak involved a coronavirus that's escaping zoological classification, and has other unnatural characteristics that will be discussed below.
- Another Chinese virologist, Xing-Yi Ge, appears as an author on the 2016 UNC paper and is also attached to the lab in Wuhan. Previously in 2013, he'd successfully isolated a SARS-like coronavirus from bats which targets the ACE2 receptor, just like our present virus, the Wuhan Coronavirus COVID-19 uses. And it turns out that sections of the Wuhan Strain's ACE2 receptor's genes are unique: they're almost identical to SARS's spike-protein genes - despite the fact that almost none of the two coronavirus's genomes are similar anywhere else at all.
Beyond that, although the Wuhan Strain's spike-protein genome differs from SARS in four out of the five most important genomic spots that determine binding to the ACE2 receptor, they surprisingly don't effect the protein-spike's shape. And in an even bigger coincidence, these four spots also code for the outside region of the spike that allows entry into cells, and do not effect it either - allowing the Wuhan Strain to still use the ACE2 receptor to unlock cells while possibly gaining additional capabilities. The odds that this concordance was bio-engineered into the virus are several orders of magnitude more likely than for this to randomly have evolved in nature.
- Numerous videos purportedly from inside hospitals in Wuhan depict a crisis that is far greater than the numbers released by China to date. There is widespread but unverified online reporting that Wuhan crematoriums have been running 24/7, which is consistent with a recent peer-reviewed study that claims that as of January 25, Wuhan had over 75,000 infections - when the official number was just 761. Chinese language social media also reflects a sense of panic and desperation that is highly discordant with the numbers being released by the Chinese government. Who, notably, are refusing any direct assistance from the American CDC. (Evidence that China is vastly downplaying this pandemic's severity: Example 1. Example 2. Example 3. Example 4. Example 5. Example 6.)
- Some of the dystopian carnage creeping across China may be due to the fact that much of China's population may have already been exposed to coronavirus infection via SARS or other less notorious strains, which would allow the Wuhan Stain COVID-19 to use antibody-dependent enhancement to much more efficiently enter into cells, and then become much more virulent since this enhancement hijacks the body's preexisting immune response to coronavirus infections and allows easier entry.
However whether or not people have been exposed to a coronavirus infection before, once it's been circulating in a population for long enough the Wuhan Strain may be able to reinfect its own past hosts and use this molecular hijacking on antibodies left from its own previous infection to become far more virulent, regardless of whether or not someone has been exposed to other coronaviruses before COVID-19. And early reporting from Chinese doctors indicates that re-infections of the Wuhan Strain are far more lethal than the first.
- Additionally, although another since-retracted pre-print noted several very short genomic sequences in COVID-19's spike-protein gene that look far more similar to sequences found in HIV than to other coronaviruses - critics quickly pointed out that the shared homology didn't reach statistical significance.
However a closer look at the data reveals that there were a few small shared genomic segments that, despite being physically separated from each other along each strand of DNA, all worked together to code for the Wuhan Strain's protein-spike's crucial receptor binding site. Something that is highly unlikely to have happened by chance. And despite most of its protein-spike being shared with SARS, these substituted segments weren't shared at all - nor were they found in any other coronavirus.
One possible reason for these HIV-like segments is that they were meant to be epitopes, or molecular flags meant to mark intruders for a vaccine to target. It is mathematically possible for this to happen in nature - but only in a ten-thousand bats chained to ten-thousand Petri dishes and given until infinity sense. Alternatively, it could also be produced by infecting a room full of ferrets with a bespoke coronavirus vaccine and sifting through the wreckage for your genomic needle.
- Critics have brushed off the Wuhan Strain's shared homology with HIV as statistically insignificant, however clinical reporting indicates that the Wuhan Strain may be using this shared HIV homology to attack CD4 immune cells just like HIV does, as an unusually high percentage of patients are showing low white blood cell counts, especially the sickest ones.
This pathogenicity may well be due to the unique HIV-live genomics of the Wuhan Strain, as one white-paper by LSU's professor emeritus of Microbiology, Immunology, and Parasitology who's also a Harvard-educated virologist with a PhD in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics notes: "This is the first description of a possible immunosuppressive domain in coronaviruses or COVID-19. The three key [mutations] common to the known immunosuppressive domains are also in common with the sequence from [the spike-protein]. While coronaviruses are not known for general immunosuppression of the style shown by HIV-1, this does not rule out immunosuppression at the site of active infection in the lung, which would prolong and potentially worsen infection at that site." Even more troubling, a peer-reviewed study noted that one particular part of the Wuhan Strain's spike-protein genome also wasn't found in any of its relatives, "and may provide a gain-of-function to [COVID-19] for efficient spreading in the human population." And according to that paper, this particular type of cleavage site makes similar viruses both more pathogenic and more neurotoxic.
- And it should be noted that SARS - much ballyhooed as a close relative to the Wuhan Strain - didn't notable effect white blood cell counts. Additionally, clinical treatment guides published online in late January by established Chinese medical sources note the progressive reduction of white blood cells, as well as the importance of monitoring this decline. And reporting from Thailand indicates that adding a cocktail of two different anti-HIV drugs to the typical flu treatment regime seemed to effectively knock back the Wuhan Strain.
Additionally, one of the only autopsies performed outside of China to date found that the deceased had a severely depleted white blood cell count. These lowered counts may come from this shared similarity with HIV, or it could also be the result of antibody-dependent enhancement as well, since this phenomenon primarily targets white blood cells for its hijackings.
- In a highly concerning turn, scientists have noted that the Wuhan Strain can have a "striking" short term rate of mutation which doesn't indicate an artificial origin but captures the unique threat posed by this coronavirus regardless of its providence, since a faster mutation rates makes it more likely this virus can dodge testing and neutralize vaccines. Something there is already early evidence for. Further concerning are reports out of China that even patients who appear cured still harbor COVID-19 in their system, and although the full implications of this are not yet known - none of them are good.
- Giving further credence to the idea that the Wuhan Strain was bio-engineered is the existence of a patent application that looks to modulate a coronavirus' spike-protein genes - the precise region altered by Zhengli Shi at UNC to make a hyper-virulent strain of coronavirus, and whose alteration and adaptation would explain the Wuhan Strain's unusual behavior as discussed above.
- And curiously, the head of Harvard's Chemistry Department, Dr. Charles Lieber, was arrested in the midst of this outbreak on charges that he'd been accepting millions of dollars in bribes from the Chinese government. According to his charging documents, Dr. Lieber first went to the Wuhan University of Technology (WUT), in November 2011 to participate in a nanotechnology forum, which was when he was recruited into a bribery scheme that would net him several million dollars to "establish a research lab and conduct research at WUT," which became known as " Joint Nano Key Laboratory," as well as mentor and advocate for graduate students.
By 2015, Dr. Lieber appeared to be fairly intimately involved with what seemed to begin as simply a nanotechnology lab, but now had shifted to involve biology as well, since he described visiting the lab multiple times per year "as we try to build up the nano-bio part of the lab." Whether or not this nano-bio part of the Nano Key Laboratory is related to Wuhan's BSL-4 virology lab isn't clear, however if the Wuhan Strain was bio-engineered, technology classified as "nano-bio" would've almost certainly played a role.
Given the above facts, either:
- A coronavirus spontaneously mutated and jumped to humans at a wet market or deep in some random bat cave which just so happened to be 20 miles from China's only BSL-4 virology lab, a virus with an unusually slippery never-before-seen genome that's evading zoological classification, that may be as much as twenty-times more contagious than SARS and whose spike-protein region which allows it to enter host cells holds an unique HIV-like signature with the concomitant clinical response, that somehow managed to infect its patient zero who had no connection to this market, and then be so fined-tuned to humans that it's gone on to create the single greatest public health crisis in Chinese history with approaching 100 million citizens locked-down or quarantined - also causing Mongolia to close its border with its largest trading partner for the first time in modern history and Russia to ban Chinese citizens from entry into their country.
- Or, Chinese scientists failed to follow correct sanitation protocols possibly while in a rush leading up to an international virological conference and during their boisterous holiday season, something that had been anticipated since the opening of the BSL-4 lab and has happened at least four times previously, and accidentally released this bio-engineered Wuhan Strain - likely created by scientists researching immunotherapy regimes against bat coronaviruses, who've already demonstrated the ability to perform every step necessary to bio-engineer the Wuhan Strain COVID-19 - into their population, and now the world. As would be expected, this virus appears to have been bio-engineered at the spike-protein genes which was already done at UNC to make an extraordinarily virulent coronavirus. Chinese efforts to prevent the full story about what's going on from getting out are because they want the scales to be even since they're now facing a severe pandemic and depopulation event. No facts point against this conclusion.
Speaking volumes about the corporatized nature of our media, the only entities to acknowledge my research and journalism have been Zero Hedge, which received a permanent ban from Twitter for opening the door to this obvious possibility, and Jennifer Zeng of the Epoch Times. Something tells me Tencent or other companies controlled by the CCP have significant capital invested in Buzzfeed, which drew censure to Zero Hedge's reporting, as well as many other media outlets which have stifled discussion of the outbreak such as Reddit. These companies have been willing to endanger millions of lives for a few dollars. And since clicks come way before integrity, multiple media outlets and journalists have entirely ignored me after I've provided proof that I've broken details of this story, appropriating my work for their own.
Read more from the former NSA counter terorrism analyst here, and learn why social inequalities are the most likely source of sustained violence in America.
Find out about why a lot of what you think you know about evolutionary biology is wrong.
Medium user @siradrianbond provided all information regarding Dr. Zheng-li's extensive grant funding.
(2) The removed article 'The possible origins of 2019-nCoV coronavirus'
ORIGINAL AT https://www.docdroid.net/EZUN6cB/originsof2019-ncov-xiaob-res.pdf